What is a Science Centre? What should you expect from a visit to Life?
A visit to Life is a great day out for the whole family in Newcastle upon Tyne! There's plenty to do inside the Science Centre, and everything's included in your Science Centre ticket price:
- Permanent and temporary exhibitions for all ages.
- A range of films and live events in Britain's most popular planetarium.
- Live shows and demos in our Science Theatre.
- The region's only 4D Motion Ride with a changing programme of 4D adventures!
- The Young Explorers' Zone especially for under 7s.
- Additional workshops and activities at weekends and during school holidays.
We recommend you allow at least three hours to explore the full Science Centre, but many families choose to stay much longer.
"I am a great Science lover and have been to a number of museums and exhibitions around the world, but this Centre added a modern touch to the traditional museum/exhibition style. It was a very interactive Centre with loads to do for children."
We also offer a varied programme of unique special events for all ages, from adult events to pre-school days, throughout the year.
From November - February annually we're home to Newcastle's only outdoor ice rink.
Visit the What's On page for full information about what's on when.
View our virtual tour
If you're still not sure what we're all about, you can take a virtual tour inside the Centre below. Please note: the tour is a guide to illustrate what it's like inside the Science Centre - actual exhibitions and activities change throughout the year. Visit our What's On section for up to date information.
If you're having trouble viewing the tour above, view it on Google maps instead.
"Amazing day out with very friendly staff! My son had an awesome visit on his 6th birthday."
- Melanie Bramley