Presented by the Japan Foundation and TFF (Tuning for the Future), Life is hosting a special day where you can explore Japanese culture. Try speaking the language, have a go at Japanese magic tricks or make a moss ball planter.
What you can enjoy:
- 11.00am - Play and Toy Talk – Hisakazu Hirabayashi, game analyst will explain the characteristics of Japanese toys and games including card games, ‘Role Play Games’ (RPG) and even the famous Pokémon.
- 11.30am - Let’s play Hanafuda (Japanese Playing Cards) with Nobuaki Takerube - playing cards were first introduced to Japan by the Portuguese almost 500 years ago. Since then, Japanese playing cards have been in a state of constant evolution and designers continue to innovate in a number of ways. In this workshop, participants can learn how to play Hanafuda, a Japanese traditional card game that has clear ties with contemporary card games such as Pokémon.
- 11.30am - 1.30pm - Moss balls – make a living planter the traditional Japanese way. Places are very limited and offered on a first come, first served basis.
- 12.00 noon - 3.30pm - Japanese Language Taster – drop in and try your hand at learning some basic Japanese and see if you have an aptitude for the language.
- 1.00pm - 2.00pm - Tezuma Traditional Magic Show and Workshop – watch a performance by Taijyu Fujiyama, a master of Japanese magic, then take part in a workshop where you can learn how to do some of the tricks yourself.
Presented by Japan Foundation and TFF (Tuning for the Future):
Supported by Daiwa Anglo Japanese Foundation: