We're thrilled to announce that we'll be reopening our science centre on Saturday 10 July. Find out more about our reopening plans and subscribe to our mailing list for updates on when you can pre-book tickets.
We continue to be the venue for an NHS large vaccination centre. Patients coming to the vaccination centre should use the Life Meetings and Events entrance on Central Parkway, located here. Parking is available in nearby Times Square Car Park.
Please note, the operation of the vaccination centre, including appointments and queueing, is solely the responsibility of the NHS.
Sign up to our adult mailing list to be the first to hear about future events: life.org.uk/subscribe
Discover the power of the 'shroom.
Adults take over Life Science Centre on the last Thursday night of the month. With no kids around, we can be bolder and more daring with the workshops and activities on offer.
Highlights of The Future is Fungi:
- Open your mind to psilocybin in a talk that looks at how psychedelics may offer a new treatment for depression.
- Discover how fungi offer eco-friendly alternatives to meat, leather and even packaging material. Want an eco-friendly burial - would you consider the mushroom burial suit?
- Light up your life as you explore glow-in-the-dark mushrooms and discover the chemistry of making glowsticks.
Please note: All workshops and activities are subject to demand on the night and will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
Please use the Life Science Centre main entrance on Times Square. Parking is available nearby at Times Square Car Park. Postcode for Sat Nav: NE4 7AD.
Start time: 19:00 End time: 22:00
Age Suitability: 18+
Your use of and purchase of tickets is governed by the Terms and Conditions as set out on the Life website.
It is your responsibility to check, prior to purchase, that the information you have supplied to us in respect of your online ticket requirements is accurate. We are only responsible for issuing online tickets in accordance with the information you provide. Once purchased, the date for which your ticket has been purchased cannot be changed. Payments for tickets are non-refundable. Tickets are only valid for the date stated upon them.
On arrival at Life, the following will be required:
• Appropriate proof of entitlement to any discounted ticket rate claimed (such as NUS card or similar) for each person to be admitted under the ticket. You may be asked to pay the full admission price or refused entry in the instance of proof not being available.
• The name and booking reference number (provided at the time of purchase).
No online ticket may be resold without the prior written consent of Life. If any person attempts to enter Life with a ticket that has been resold without Life’s written consent, Life may refuse entry and no compensation is payable to that person by Life.