Looking after our bodies workshop
Learning level: Key Stage 2
Duration: 60 minutes
Discover how your body extracts nutrients from food, and how it disposes of waste materials. Follow the journey of a meal from mouth to toilet bowl. Find out how your kidneys keep you healthily hydrated, and how your wee can tell you when you need a drink of water.
Through a series of gross but delightful demonstrations and hands-on lab activities students will learn about the workings of our digestive system, blood, and kidneys.
By the end of the workshops students will have discovered:
- The different parts of the human digestive system - where they are, what they do & how they work together.
- How our digestive system extracts nutrients from food and produces poo and farts!
- How our kidneys filter waste products from our blood and make wee.
- How to stay healthy by eating a balanced diet and drinking plenty of water.
Key Stage 2 Science
- Animals, including humans
- Working scientifically
Key Stage 2 PSHE