Please note: Children aged 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
Science centre admission
Ice skating admission
Please note: Children aged 9 years and under must be accompanied by an adult on the ice. Children aged 10 – 12 years must be supervised by an adult, either on the ice rink or from the viewing platform.
Free carer tickets
If you’re a visitor with a disability and you need a carer, you can bring them free of charge when you buy a ticket. Please select a free carer ticket when pre-booking online and bring relevant proof to show our reception team on arrival. Examples of proof could be any of the following:
- A Gateway Card, Max Card, Yellow Card, Access card, Hynt Card or the CEA Card.
- A Disability Living Allowance or Attendance Allowance award letter.
- Personal Independence Payment letter.
- A letter from GP or consultant confirming the need for a carer, personal assistant or essential companion.
- War Disablement Pension or Armed Forces Independence Payment.
- Blue Badge or a photocopy or scan of your Blue Badge.
- Disabled person’s bus pass.
Group bookings and corporate tickets
Life is a great place for groups of all sizes to spend a day and take part in some fun science activities! If you’re bringing 20 people or more, it’s best to book in advance.
Online discount codes
We offer a range of online discounts for NHS staff, Max Card holders and more. See if you’re eligible for these.
Monday – Friday: 10:00am – 3:00pm
Saturday – Sunday: 10:00am – 5:00pm
Life is located in the centre of Newcastle at Times Square, just a two minute walk from Newcastle Central train and Metro station.
See what's on
There’s so much to see and do at Life, with activities and exhibits for all ages, We also run special events throughout the year, such as adult debates and pre-school days.