Life Science Centre is now open on weekends only between 10:00am - 5:00pm. Tickets for timed slots can be purchased online in advance of your visit. Some slots on the afternoon will be kept free for walk-ups - but booking is advised to avoid disappointment.
Our safety measures remain in place. This includes the Life team and visitors being asked to wear a face covering unless exempt.
Support groundbreaking research at Life
The International Centre for Life (Life) is a science village that is part of the fabric of Newcastle upon Tyne and a valued resource to the region. The groundbreaking research and patient therapies that take place here have led to international recognition.
From the thousands of babies born with the help of fertility treatment received onsite, to the patients with debilitating diseases who have benefitted from research and clinical treatments, Life has made a difference to so many. There is nowhere quite like it in the world – a place where researchers, clinicians, science communicators and educators work side-by-side on one site, sharing expertise and ideas and creating a unique circle of science.
The charity Life Science Centre is at the heart of this circle. Welcoming about 300,000 visitors a year, its purpose is to help people of all ages, from all communities, explore science and to discover its relevance to their own lives and to inspire the next generation of STEM professionals. This purpose has never been more crucial than it is today.
COVID-19 has had a massive impact on us. Please support us so that we can continue to make a difference. See below for ways you can support us.
To inspire everyone in North East England to explore and enjoy science and to discover its relevance to their own lives.
Registered charity number 1059607.
We are one team and everything we do is rooted in the following values:
- Welcoming: our team, our customers and our communities are diverse and we celebrate that! We want everyone to feel comfortable, respected and valued.
- Exceptional: our customers and staff deserve the best and we go over-and-above to exceed their expectations.
- Honest: we are trustworthy, unbiased and behave fairly, ethically and responsibly at all times.
- Curious: we encourage everyone to question everything and explore science and technology through hands-on experiences and individual discovery.
- Entrepreneurial: we’re not scared to push boundaries and try bold, unusual andedgy ways to achieve our ambitions.
- Collaborative: we will continue to partner those who share our passion and values.
Your donation will help support...
Subscribe to our mailing list on the link below, to be the first to hear about membership news.
Find out more >
Support us >