Book online and save! Our online tickets are at least 5% cheaper than paying on arrival.
On weekdays during term term, between 10:00am - 2:00pm, there may be school groups visiting the science centre.
. Sorry but Life will not respond to any queries relating to the NHS vaccination programme.
The International Centre for Life (Life) is a thriving science hub in the heart of Newcastle upon Tyne. The NHS and Newcastle University are key partners on site and the groundbreaking research and patient treatment that take place here have led to international recognition.
From the thousands of babies born with the help of fertility treatment received onsite, to the patients with debilitating diseases who have benefitted from research and clinical treatments, Life has made a difference to so many. There is nowhere quite like it in the world – a place where researchers, clinicians, science communicators and educators work side-by-side on one site, sharing expertise and ideas and creating a unique circle of science.
Life Science Centre is at the heart of this circle. Welcoming about 250,000 visitors a year, its mission is to help people of all ages, from all communities, explore science and to discover its relevance to their own lives and to inspire the next generation of STEM professionals. This mission has never been more relevant than it is today.
Please support us so that we can continue to make a difference.
Your donation will help support...
To inspire everyone in North East England to explore and enjoy science and to discover its relevance to their own lives.
Registered charity number 1059607.
We are one team and everything we do is rooted in the following values:
- Welcoming: our team, our customers and our communities are diverse and we celebrate that! We want everyone to feel comfortable, respected and valued.
- Exceptional: our customers and staff deserve the best and we go over-and-above to exceed their expectations.
- Honest: we are trustworthy, unbiased and behave fairly, ethically and responsibly at all times.
- Curious: we encourage everyone to question everything and explore science and technology through hands-on experiences and individual discovery.
- Entrepreneurial: we’re not scared to push boundaries and try bold, unusual andedgy ways to achieve our ambitions.
- Collaborative: we will continue to partner those who share our passion and values.
Other ways you can support Life
Our admission prices include a small voluntary donation which means that if you’re a UK taxpayer, we can claim back the tax on the price of your whole ticket via Gift Aid. That’s an extra 25p in every £1, at no cost to you!
See what's on >
Support us >