Life Science Centre is now open on weekends only between 10:00am - 5:00pm. Tickets for timed slots can be purchased online in advance of your visit. Some slots on the afternoon will be kept free for walk-ups - but booking is advised to avoid disappointment.
Our safety measures remain in place. This includes the Life team and visitors being asked to wear a face covering unless exempt.
We're open on weekends throughout September!
Take a look below at what we have in store for families visiting Life as we celebrate our 21st birthday!
Tickets for timed slots can be purchased online in advance of your visit. Some slots on the afternoon will be kept free for walk-ups - but booking is advised to avoid disappointment.
Life Science Centre is a fantastic family day out in the heart of Newcastle-upon-Tyne. There's so much to see and do here, with activities and exhibits for all ages. We’ll be exploring what Tomorrow’s World could look like, with activities across the centre. Here’s just a snapshot of what you can enjoy, with full details below!
- The amazing Brain Zone and Space Zone are back – including a recreation of part of the International Space Station and the stunning digital globe, the Sphere.
- Clever LEGO® creations built by pro LEGO® artists. Highlights include brick models of the Houses of Parliament, a huge four-metre-long airport – both the handiwork of Warren Elsmore – and Stephenson's Rocket locomotive, by local artist Steve Mayes.
- A chance to do real experiments. (Ages 7+ only.)
- Catch a new live show full of exciting bangs and explosions. (Recommended for ages 5+.)
- Create a windmill or wind-powered moving toy to take home in our Making Studios.
- Pop-up play areas for under-7s.
Everything is included in the price of your ticket, so you can start planning your fun-filled day out today. Dig deeper into what’s on at Life below…