Life Science Centre is a unique educational resource in Newcastle upon Tyne. For over 20 years we’ve supported teachers by delivering activities that enhance and enrich the STEM curriculum.
Over the past year, we’ve worked more closely with schools than ever before; listening to teachers and responding to their needs and the challenges they face. The new programme is our most exciting and relevant yet. Fine-tuned to meet the demands of the 21st century, it’s rooted in the curriculum with our trademark interactive approach integral to the mix.
Browse workshops and find out pricing information below. To make a booking please call (0191) 243 8223.
Find out more in our new schools' programme guide below.
- Exciting, relevant, and interactive STEM experiences that cannot be replicated in the classroom, delivered by an inspirational team.
- Hands-on, curriculum-linked practical workshops in fully equipped real labs and making studios.
- Real science experienced in a unique science village where researchers and clinicians work together to improve the lives of thousands - providing access to inspirational role models.
- An award-winning science centre that injects a fun, extra dimension to your visit to create a memorable, impactful learning experience.
- Relevance to the lives and career aspirations of students – igniting interest in STEM, demonstrating real-world applications of science and technology, and highlighting a vast range of careers for all.
- Fuss-free organisation - our team will do all the planning and organising so everything is in place to create a great and safe experience.
We will be adding to our schools' programme of events and activities throughout the year. Subscribe to our mailing list so you never miss a thing!
Our unique and engaging programme of workshops and story-telling sessions have been designed to reflect current and relevant STEM themes and topics which are linked to the national curriculum. Workshops take place in fully equipped real labs and making studios.