Life Science Centre is now open on weekends only between 10:00am - 5:00pm. Tickets for timed slots can be purchased online in advance of your visit. Some slots on the afternoon will be kept free for walk-ups - but booking is advised to avoid disappointment.
Our safety measures remain in place. This includes the Life team and visitors being asked to wear a face covering unless exempt.
At Life, we take sustainability very seriously. We are committed to:
- using resources and facilities responsibly to ensure the long-term health of Life and our communities;
- carrying out business in ways that minimise negative effects on the environment;
- identifying ways to improve social, financial and environmental sustainability.
How we do it:
- We actively reduce energy and water consumption and minimise our carbon footprint. For instance, we are moving to LED lighting across the site.
- We encourage staff and visitors to reduce, re-use and recycle by providing facilities across site.
- We use bio-degradable cardboard take-away cartons and recyclable coffee cups in our cafes and are opting for plastic alternatives where possible.
- We adopt sustainable and responsible approaches to construction, refurbishment and maintenance work.
- We encourage the use of sustainable travel options by staff, visitors and tenants. For instance if you travelling to Life Science Centre by public transport, show your ticket at reception for discounted entry.
- We communicate the value of sustainability within the Science Centre and through our programmes for schools and the public.