We're thrilled to announce that we'll be reopening our science centre on Saturday 10 July. Find out more about our reopening plans and subscribe to our mailing list for updates on when you can pre-book tickets.
We continue to be the venue for an NHS large vaccination centre. Patients coming to the vaccination centre should use the Life Meetings and Events entrance on Central Parkway, located here. Parking is available in nearby Times Square Car Park.
Please note, the operation of the vaccination centre, including appointments and queueing, is solely the responsibility of the NHS.
In our planetarium, the skies are darker, the stars are brighter, the planets are so clearly defined, it looks like you could reach out and touch them.
Thanks to the most sophisticated digital technology available, you can:
- Experience the most immersive, absorbing journeys through space and the solar system.
- See stunning space films and visuals that you won’t see anywhere else in the region.
- Experience real-time Live Skies shows where you can find out what’s happening in space right now.
- Zoom through space and land on planets throughout our solar system.
- Journey through the stars and see surfaces of planets and moons in spectacular high definition detail.
- All from the comfiest seats in the North East!
We offer a mix of traditional planetarium shows and creative animated films, including films especially for under 7s. We also have a range of special curriculum-linked planetarium workshops for schools and other groups.
Explore a sky full of stars and discover planets that can be viewed from Earth without the need for any fancy equipment. Then, take a journey around our solar system to visit each planet up close.
Live Skies helps all ages enjoy space by learning a little more about what you can see when you look up.
Live Skies shows are held every Saturday and Sunday during term-time at 4.00pm, and on Bank Holidays and every day during school holidays at 5.00pm.
Please note that during term time before 2.00pm the planetarium can be busy with school visits. To avoid disappointment, please call us on the day of your visit.